Last Modified: March 1st, 2023
This California Consumer Privacy Act (California Notice) applies to California residents and describes how
Starburst Services (“we,” “us,” “our,” etc.), our affiliates, and service providers collect, use, and disclose
information. This California Notice also provides you with information about your choices and rights regarding
your personal information. Unless otherwise noted, all capitalized terms carry the same meaning as in our
Terms of Service.
Information You Provide
In order to access or use certain portions of the Site or Services, or enjoy the full functionality of the Site
or Services, or otherwise in conducting business with us or seeking to conduct business with us, you may be prompted
to provide certain personal information to us in the following ways:
- persons who subscribe to the Services will be prompted to provide their name, their address, their e-mail,
their phone number, and any other necessary billing information.
- persons who complete registration forms to sign up for membership on the Site will be prompted to provide
their e-mail address.
- Site visitors, and prospective and current suppliers and subscribers, may provide personal information when
filling in forms (for example, a “Contact us” form) on our Site or at a trade show or anywhere else we conduct
business; by downloading documentation from our Site; by subscribing to newsletters or other communications;
by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise providing contact details. In these cases, typically,
the personal information you give us may include name, business affiliation, business address, telephone number,
and email address, and any personal details required to resolve any inquiries or complaints.
This personal information is required to enter into a contract with us (such as in anticipation of a supply agreement,
or to learn about our Services) or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide Services), and failure to provide
any information may result in our inability to provide requested Services or products.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Site or use the Services, information is passively or automatically collected by our web servers and
by third party analytics tools we use, including but not limited to:
- your domain;
- your IP address;
- your date, time and duration of your visit;
- your browser type;
- your operating system;
- your page visits;
- information from third parties;
- other information about your computer or device;
- Internet traffic.
We do not use this automatically collected information to try to identify you by name, and we do not associate it
with the information you provide voluntarily to us.
Information From Other Sources
We may also obtain fraud & risk scoring data about you from third parties, namely FraudLabs Pro and IPQualityScore.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information as permitted or required by law, and for the following business purposes:
- provide you with Services you have subscribed for, or otherwise requested;
- provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested;
- administer and manage performance of purchase or sales agreements with our suppliers and customers;
- provide after-sales support;
- correspond with users to resolve their queries or complaints;
- market our services to persons whose Services have expired or otherwise been cancelled;
- engage you about events, promotions, the Site, and Starburst Services's products and services;
- process, evaluate and complete certain transactions involving the Site, and more generally transactions involving the Services;
- operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the Site (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the Site for advertising and marketing);
- to increase users' experience according to tracked interests, to analyze and target potential new markets, and for other marketing purposes;
We may also use personal information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- to enforce our Terms of Service, Anti-Spam Policy, Use Policy or any other applicable policies;
- to protect our operations or those of our affiliates and ensure safety of the Site, Starburst Services confidential and proprietary information, and Starburst Services employees;
- to manage, protect against and investigate fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our contract terms or laws or regulations;
- to comply with applicable law and legal process, and to respond to requests from public and/or government authorities;
- if we are or may be acquired by or merged with another company, if any of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
We also use deidentified and/or aggregate information to customize our marketing efforts or to customize the use of our site for an aggregate group of customers.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal data about Site visitors, users of our Services, or our suppliers or customers as permitted or required by law, and for the following business purposes:
- To satisfy any laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such data;
- As necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies;
- To protect ourselves, our subscribers, and the general public. We specifically reserve the right to disclose any and all information (including personal data) to law enforcement in the event that a crime is committed, is suspected, or if we are compelled to do so by lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
- To cooperate with law enforcement authorities, private-party litigants, and others seeking information about our end users to the extent required by applicable law. Examples of such cooperation include lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process, discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process.
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- In connection with certain essential purposes described above (e.g., to comply with legal obligations).
In addition, information that is passively collected when you use the Site or Services may be disclosed to our online and email advertisers or other third party vendors we use and who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies for use on the Site or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
The Site is not for use by children under the age of 16 years and Starburst Services does not knowingly collect, store, use or share the personal information of children under 16 years.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT UNDER THE AGE OF 18, DO NOT SHARE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THE SITE, IN POSTS OR VIA MESSAGING. If you do post any personal information, you can remove it using Services functionality. This removal may not be complete given the nature of the Internet. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How We Store Your Information
We implement reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures designed to protect your
personal information from unauthorized access. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that your personal information
will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures in the event
of a breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal information.
The Site may contain links to third party sites which are provided for your convenience only. Starburst Services does not
control and is not responsible for the privacy practices of those third party sites, and we encourage you to review
the privacy policies of such sites.
If you have provided us with your email address, or are a subscriber of the Services, we may communicate with you
by e-mail to tell you about our products and services. You may opt out of these communications by logging into your
account and selecting to the opt-out.
Please note that you may not be able to opt-out of certain Service-related emails, system notices, and/or other
information related to your account.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) provides various rights to California residents and households
with respect to the personal information that we have collected about you.
- Access and Copies - You may request the following information from us up to two times in a 12 months period:
(1) The categories of personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months;
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the personal information;
(4) The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and
(5) The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Deletion - You may request that we delete your personal information. Note that deletion requests are
subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for
recordkeeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
- Do Not Sell - We will not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
- Non-Discrimination - You have the right to exercise your rights described above free from discriminatory
practices prohibited by California law.
If you have an account with us and wish to request a copy of the personal information we have collected about you,
or to request that your information be deleted, please login and contact us. Otherwise, please email us at
We will respond to requests that comply with California law within the timeframe permitted and depending on the
nature of the request.
Changes to this California Notice
We may revise, amend, or modify this California Notice from time to time. Please reference the “Last Modified”
legend at the top of this page to see when it was last revised. Any changes to this California Notice will become
effective as to California residents when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site or Services
following these changes means that you accept the revised California Notice.
If you have any questions to this California Notice, please contact us at: